The recreate feature is only available for videos, and allows you to:
- Create different formats of your videos (e.g. MP4 low res, WMV, MPEG-1).
- Re-create an existing format with different settings (e.g. aspect ratio or bitrate).
The re-create functionality can be accessed via the file (context menu)[/support/files/context-menu]. With the re-create function you can re-parse files you’ve uploaded. This is particularly useful for videos where recreating allows changing of the following settings:
- Format: Set the video format to high or low res MP4.
- Bitrate: Set the quality/bitrate of the video.
- Aspect ratio: Change the dimensions of the video to either the original aspect ratio, 4:3 or 16:9.
- Deinterlace: Convert interlaced video (ie. analog television or 1080i-hdtv signals) to non-interlaced form.
- Watermark: Embed watermark in transcoded version, can be use if a watermark has been set in the branding settings.